The reason why the above photo is our featured image is that her hands have always been the one thing I love the most. From birth, she has long slender fingers. They were so expressive from the start! There was never clenching or fisting as a newborn. Her hands were so capable from the womb – ready to explore, touch and feel the world.
When we found out we were having a girl, we felt our world turn upside down. My father-in-law thought it was impossible for a highly dominated male family to ever have a girl. He was totally wrong.
Fast forward 15 months, we now have a toddler girl who loves running around, laughing, sitting on my lap and making everyone know she’s there. She’s a crazy mix between my two older boys.
Here are a few things we’ve discovered in these 15 months!
- Loves to laugh.
- Loves being on the bike with her father and scootering down the road – not kidding you on this.
- Is SOOO opinionated and is amazingly communicative and just very sure of what she wants.
- Loves to sing and is found humming a song through-out the day. Albeit.. her songs all sound oddly like the Baby Shark song 😂
- Is so girly in so many ways – giggles and laughs when she sees funny faces on her clothes – but she also loves playing with cars and can make a really awesome “vrooooom” sound.
- Loves terrorizing her brothers – to the point of her brothers “banning her” and “locking her out” of their room with fear that this little terror will demolish, obliterate and destroy any creations they have made.
- Loves food! She sometimes eats more than her second brother.
- Is like a puppy! If you ever have snacks, ice cream or anything that is not food – at the opening of a wrapper, popping of popcorn or crunching of an ice cream cone – you’ll see her around the corner. She’ll immediately say “please” in all the ways she can – vocal and sign. IF you dare to move away, she’ll chase after you – fixed and lock on you until you relent to her pleas.
You don’t know just how much we love you baby girl! You are such a blessing to this family of ours! You don’t know how much you have been a blessing to me! I love you soooo much!